Shuttleworth Collection G-ACSS Grosvenor House 1934 De Havilland DH-88 Comet C/N 1996 G-AWII AR501/NN-D 1942 Supermarine 349 Spitfire LF.Vc C/N WASP/20/223SE-BII Checker Tail 1942 Noorduyn AT-16 Harvard IIB C/N 14-245G-ADEV 1918 Avro 504K C/N R3/LE/61400G-EBKY 9917 1920 Sopwith Pup C/N W/O 3004/14 The last 10 Pups built by Sopwith in 1919 were converted to 2 seaters for civilian use and named Doves. In the mid-thirties Richard Shuttleworth found one, with the registration G-EBKY, being flown from a field at Kempston, west of Bedford, by Geoff Chamberlain. The aircraft had no Certificate of Airworthiness and so the owner was not interested in a legal sale. A deal was done to swap the Dove for an Avro 504K that Richard had recently found in Portsmouth. By being economical with the truth Richard straightened things out with the registration authorities and his team set about restoring the Dove to Pup configuration. The rebuild was completed by February 1938 and it joined the Blériot and Deperdussin in performing at RAeS garden parties and various other air displays. In 2004/5 the aircraft was extensively refurbished in the colours of 9917, a Beardmore built aircraft which was fitted with Le Prieur Rockets when it served for a time on HMS Manxman, a seaplane carrier. It flies regularly during event season at The Collection.G-AEPH D8096 1918 Bristol F.2B Fighter C/N 7575G-BOCK 1980 Sopwith Triplane Replica C/N NAW-1 This reproduction aircraft was built entirely by volunteer members of Northern Aeroplane Workshops to original plans and delivered to Old Warden in June 1990. On seeing the quality and accuracy of the workmanship Sir Thomas Sopwith declared it to be a late production aircraft rather than a replica (and he should have known!). It’s powered by an original Clerget 130hp rotary engine. The aeroplane first flew on 10th April 1992 and, following a full testing programme, made its first public display appearance at Old Warden on 27th June 1992. It suffered a minor landing accident in 2014 and was repaired in our workshops during 2015.G-EBIA 1918 Royal Aircraft Factory SE-5A C/N 654/2404G-EAGA 1990 Sopwith Dove Replica C/N 3004/1G-BWJM C4918 1981 Bristol M-1C Replica C/N NAW-2G-ADEV 1918 Avro 504K C/N R3/LE/61400G-BZSC 2001 Sopwith F.1 Camel Replica C/N NAW-3G-ANKT 1942 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 85087G-BTVE K8203 1937 Hawker Demon 1 C/N K8203G-AMRK 1937 Gloster Gladiator I C/N Not found L8032R4118 1940 Hawker Hurricane I C/N G592301 Hawker Hurricane R4118, regarded as one of the most historic WW2 aircraft, is a genuine Battle of Britain veteran. The Mk1 Hurricane is credited with 49 Battle of Britain combat sorties and 5 kills. It is the only Hurricane to take part in the Battle of Britain that is still flying.G-AFTA 1931 Hawker Tomtit Mk1 C/N 30380G-BKTH Z7015/7-L 1939 Hawker (CCF) Sea Hurricane Mk1B C/N CCF/41H/4013Z7015 was built by Canadian Car & Foundry and first flown on 18 January 1941. After being shipped to England it was issued to General Aircraft for conversion to Sea Hurricane IB standard. On 19 July, it was delivered to HMS Heron (RNAS Yeovilton), collected 29th July 1941 by 880 Squadron and went to the Orkney Isles. On 7 October the Squadron left to embark on HMS Indomitable but during transit Z7015 went unserviceable and was not embarked. On 5 April 1942 the aircraft was delivered to David Rosenfield Ltd for repair. On December 7 it was delivered to the Naval Fighter School (759) Squadron at HMS Heron and by autumn 1943 had moved to Loughborough College as an instructional airframe. In 1961 an attempt was made to make the Hurricane airworthy for the Battle of Britain film but the work involved was too great. In January 1986, the team that had restored Spitfire VC AR501 took on the task in a joint operation between the Shuttleworth Collection and the Imperial War Museum. On 16 September 1995 Z7015 made a successful post restoration flight powered by what was, at the time, the world’s only operational Merlin III.G-AZWT V9367/MA-B 1938 Westland Lysander IIIA C/N Y1536G-BSSY 1944 Polikarpov Po-2 C/N 0094 Also Registered As: N588NB Deregistered Cancel: 2003-08-01 ZK-POZ De-registered N911CSG-AEXF 1936 Percival E-2H Mew Gull C/N E22This is 33rd Fauvel, with a one piece wing, constructed by Wassmer in France (serial 133) in 1955. It was brought to England in 1972, where it received BGA (British Gliding Association) certification number BGA 1999. It had last flown in 1975 and was later bought by Ian Dunkley who intended to restore it, but instead put his efforts into a 2-seater Fauvel AV-22, which he took to New Zealand. The Fauvel had been languishing in a barn for nearly 40 years before it was brought to Old Warden. It was then completely restored at Booker in 2014 by Graham Saw. It is highly aerobatic and can perform loops in just over its own body length.1938 Schneider SF38 (EoN Primary)G-AENP K5414 / XV 1935 Hawker Hind C/N 41H/81902G-EBIR Miss Kenya 1924 De Havilland DH-51 C/N 102 This aircraft was air-freighted from Nairobi to Hatfield in 1965 and, later, was fully restored by Hawker Siddeley Aviation at Hawarden near Chester. G-EBIR ‘Miss Kenya’ is so named as she was the first aircraft to fly in Kenya, where it remained in active service (as VP-KAA) for nearly forty years. It was flown to Old Warden in 1972 and placed in the permanent care of the Shuttleworth Collection where it continues as the oldest de Havilland design still flying anywhere in the world.In 2011 the aeroplane was repainted for filming purposes to represent a DH9 operated by Aircraft Transport and Travel and subsequently appeared in several television productions.G-CAMM 1992 Hawker Cygnet Replica C/N PFA 077-10245G-KAPW XF603 1955 Percival P-56 Provost T.1 C/N PAC/56/311Built originally for the RAF as V9552 this aircraft went to Canada in 1942 as a target tug for the RCAF. Post WWII it was sold to a Canadian collector and then, in 1971, went to the Strathallan Collection in Scotland where it was restored to flying condition by late 1979. Grounded in 1986 it was stored, then went Duxford in 1997 for restoration. Purchased by the SVAS it joined the Collection in 1998. It arrived painted in standard RAF camouflage with additional markings to represent No. 309 (Polish) Squadron while operating from bases in Scotland between 1940 and 1942. In the autumn of 1999, with the aid of a donation from the family of Peter Vaughan Fowler who had flown with 161 Squadron on Lysander operations during World War II, it was repainted in black overall with the markings of his aircraft, bearing the serial V9367. A fixed ladder was installed to allow rapid access to the rear cockpit – as fitted to facilitate picking up agents; a dummy 150 gallon long range fuel tank was attached below the fuselage. In this configuration the Lysander III S.D. (Special Duties) was employed by No. 161 RAF Squadron on clandestine night flying operations from RAF Tempsford and Tangmere between 1942 and 1945. After uncarriage repairs during 2015 the Lysander returned to airworthiness in April 2016.G-AJRS P6382 1939 Miles M14A Magister C/N 1750G-ACTF 1932 Comper CLA-7 Swift C/N S32/9Built by Slingsby Sailplanes Ltd this Kite (subsequently allocated the identification BGA 310 by the British Gliding Association) received its first Certificate of Airworthiness in 1937. By 1974 it had been acquired by Michael Maufe and remained in his family, flown by Michael and his son Anthony, until bought by the Shuttleworth Trust in 2011. During the Maufes’ ownership, in 1982, the glider was extensively rebuilt, using the fuselage, port wing and elevator from another Kite, BGA327, but retained the BGA310 identity.G-EBWD 1928 De Havilland DH-60X Moth C/N 5521912 Blackburn Monoplane Type ‘D’ G-AANI BAPC005 1912 Blackburn Monoplane C/N 9 This exhibit is the original aeroplane built for Cyril Foggin in 1912, which by late 1913 had passed into the ownership of Francis Glew. In 1914 it was put into storage and then not rediscovered until 1937 when it was found, by chance, at the back of a barn and largely concealed by a haystack. Richard Shuttleworth acquired it and started a long term restoration programme which was only completed in 1949. Later, in 1988, the fabric covering was replaced following minor repairs to the airframe. Weather permitting, this aircraft continues to fly at events here at The Collection, which usually run on weekends from May-October. The Blackburn Monoplane is the oldest airworthy aircraft of British origin anywhere in the world.BAPC004 G-AANH 1910 Deperdussin Monoplane C/N 431910 Bristol Boxkite (Replica) This is a replica aircraft built for the film ‘Those Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines‘ (Ken Annakin, 1965: UK) and is the last Boxkite still flying.G-ARSG BAPC001 1964 Avro Roe Triplane Type IV replica C/N TRI.1G-AAYX 1930 Southern Martlet C/N 202 This aircraft, G-AAYX, was owned for a number of years by F G Miles who used it as a personal mount while based at Woodley near Reading. Having been stored during WWII, the Martlet was acquired by the Butlin’s organisation and used to give displays for holiday makers, notably at their Broomhall camp in Pwllheli, Wales. The aircraft was then stored again for over thirty years, since when it has undergone an extensive restoration programme by the Shuttleworth Collection’s engineering staff and members of the SVAS. It flew again on 25th September 2000.British-built in 1952 (as opposed to those built in Canada and Portugal), this Chipmunk was delivered to the RAF on 17 Nov 1952, as a T10 trainer serial WP905. It was Struck Off Charge on 27 April 1966 having been declared as ‘Cat 5(c)’ [“Beyond economical repair, or surplus, but is recoverable for breakdown to components, spares and scrap”] at RAF South Cerney, Gloucestershire. Subsequently, it became an RAF engineering ground instruction airframe, serial 7438M, at the School of Technical Training, RAF Kirkham, Lancashire. It was first registered as a civilian-owned aircraft, G-ROYS, on 1 Aug 1978 and then re-registered as G-BNZC on 11 Nov 1987. The Shuttleworth Collection (based at Old Warden aerodrome,Bedfordshire) are the 6th civilian owner of this aircraft, having registered ownership on 27 Apr 2000. It is currently painted in the bright yellow training colours of the Royal Canadian Air Force. It is entirely possible that the RCAF may have had a Chipmunk with this serial, 671, in these colours, but I haven’t yet traced any references for it.G-EBJI 1977 Hawker Cygnet Replica C/N PFA 077-10240G-AAPZ 1930 Desoutter MKI C/N D.25G-CDXU 2006 Chilton DW1A C/N PFA 225-12038G-AESZ 1937 Chilton DW1 C/N DW1/1In 1962, five WA-116s were built by Beagle Aircraft at Shoreham, three of which were for evaluation by the British Army Air Corps. In 1966, one of the Beagle-built WA-116s, registered G-ARZB, was modified for use in the James Bond film You Only Live Twice. Little Nellie was named after Nellie Wallace. Few Wallis autogyros have been operated privately, with nearly all of them being used for research and demonstration flying by Wallis himself.N18923 1939 Ryan Aeronautical ST-A C/N 322 G-AGSH 1945 De Havilland DH-89A Dominie/Dragon Rapide C/N 6884G-ADJJ 1935 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 3386G-ADKK 1935 De Havilland DH.87B Hornet Moth C/N 8033G-ADJJ 1935 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 3386G-AJVE 1942 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 85814G-AIDS 1941 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 84546G-EMSY 1940 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 83666G-AXBW 1940 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 83595G-ADMT 1936 De Havilland DH-87B Hornet Moth C/N 8093Built in 1939 as a DH-82A and entered service with the RAF as N6850. Converted in 1959 to become one of only 19 Jackaroos.G-AAZP 1930 De Havilland DH.80A Puss Moth C/N 2047G-AANL 1929 De Havilland DH-60M Moth C/N 1446G-AODT 1940 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 83109G-ABZB 1932 De Havilland DH-60G III Moth C/N 5011G-AGHY 1939 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 82292G-AZGZ NM181 1944 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 86489 Also Registered As: F-BGCF De-registered NM181 De-registeredG-AANV 1931 Morane-Saulnier MS-60 Moth C/N 13 Also Registered As: HB-OBU De-registered F-AJNY De-registered Cancel: 1932-00-00G-AZZZ 1944 De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II C/N 86311G-AAJT 1930 De Havilland DH60G GIPSY MOTH C/N 1084G-AHBL 1936 De Havilland DH.87B Hornet Moth C/N 8135The de Havilland DH.87 Hornet Moth is a single-engined cabin biplane designed by the de Havilland Aircraft Company in 1934 as a potential replacement for its highly successful de Havilland Tiger Moth trainer. Although its side-by-side two-seat cabin made it closer in configuration to the modern aircraft that military trainee pilots would later fly, there was no interest from the RAF and the aircraft was put into production for private buyers.